Are you a veggie or a do you live a fruitfull life? (multiple answers allowed)

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Elise's new project 'Emma'

Yesterday, I realized the cat I have been mistaken recently for Mink (our cat) was the cat which flyers announced had been lost since May. She was devouring one of our frogs yesterday and I noticed she is terribly underfed. I decided to give her some food. When I tried to approach her, she fled - she is terrified. In the evening I called the owners, he came over, we put out some food again, she showed up and he confirmed it was their Emma. He also said she was afraid of them so he hadn't been able to grab her, even though he had seen her various times. We decided I would put out some food for her for a while, try to gain her confidence and see if she would let me approach so I could catch her. Or maybe we can put out a cattrap when we know she will show up.

I told Elise about all this this morning. Pauline, who was also there, said "Oh, but Elise has actually petted the cat already!" Elise confirmed. At first she tought it was Mink, but when she saw it was not, she approached her very, very carefully and was able to pet her. This opened up some new possiblitlies for actually catching the cat, so Elise is now in charge of giving Emma her food and try to gain her confidence. In the mean time, we are teaching her (on Mink - the poor thing...) how to grab a cat in its neck and hold on tight. We've pulled out our cat carriage so we can put her in it if she ever does get a hold of Emma. Hopefully our scheme will work! Elise is excited (you should see her eyes shine!!) and determined to help Emma.

We'll let you know if we can save Emma!

No comments: