Are you a veggie or a do you live a fruitfull life? (multiple answers allowed)

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Update

As one of my main reasons for keeping this blog is to keep in touch with my family and friends and to keep them up to date, I'll give a little update on myself/my family(life).

Depression-wise I am on the right track, therapy is down to twice a week, the sessions together with Rob to once every two weeks. I can almost go without my afternoon nap, but quiet time in the afternoon is still a must. At the end of September, we will spend our two week holiday on Crete but I am still not sure I will be able to handle this in terms of having enough time for myself to keep myself sane. Maybe I need to re-energize at my parents afterwards, we'll see.

I am working about eight to ten hours a week. Sometimes more, but then I really need to rest for a few days. I am helping a friend with his dissertation and I've become involved in an interesting project. I am working on it with three very talented and experienced men. We are currently proposing the project and hopefully we will know soon if we can actually get to do the work. If so, I really need to shape up soon! ;-) Working really gives me energy and makes me happy. It is great to work with people who value my input - helps to improve my selfesteem. Slowely but surely, I am starting to believe in myself again.

Every now and then I become aware I am doing better: when we were in France in June, I noticed I actually had the energy to play with my childeren for a while, and even better, enjoy it. Dinner, always a difficult time, is more often fun than not. I notice I don't panic so much when there is a disappointment or problem. Our nanny announced she would need to cut down her days due to an internship and whereas this would've thrown me off for quite a bit and quite some time a couple of months ago, I now solved the problem without too much troubles. A problem like this still somewhat 'consumes' me, but at least I am able to postpone solving other problems and I don't spend all my time trying to solve the problem at hand. Some of these things may seem petty to you, but where I am coming from, we're talking major improvements! ;-D

No comments: